Tuesday, 4 March 2008

Drums rolling.............
Horns beating...................
Naked chics dancing.................sigh I wish!

I have hit what is often termed as the writer's block. I am asbolutely blank, have no idea about what to write now and am almost about to even give up thinking.

This evening while walking back from the office I was so engorssed with my thoughts for my blog that I was half expecting for an idea to fall straight from the sky and hit me on the head

and it did!

Only it missed my head by an inch and landed on my shoulder and it did not take me more than a moment to realize that it was actually the byproduct produced by a pigeons very bad digestive system. Though on second thoughts it could have been the same pigeon I had kindly kicked (lol kindly kicked!) a few moments ago in the town center when it insisted on picking on my shoes thinking them to be some kind of food. I am sure I noticed an evil glim of resentment in its eyes at that time and I am also convinced I did notice a flash of anger and a strong desire for revenge burning in there.

Yup the more I think about it the more I am convinced it was the same vile creature. Evil bird grrrrr! Wait till I buy my gun! Grrrr!'

Right so by this time you should be thoroughly disgusted with my inner thoughts. If you aren't, give me a few more posts and I promise to have you disgusted sometime soon!

Grin!
So passing over pigeon droppings and my lack of ideas for writings, by the way why the heck am I cribbing? When I can write so much on a pigeon dropping I should be able to come up with something half as amusing at least right?

Well sadly I couldnt. So what I decided was to channel my modest literary prowess to an arena which I absolutely love - Movies! Yes I am a big movie buff. In fact I have one of those unlimited movie cards for a chain of cinemas and there are weekends when I watch three movies one movie after the other continuously on the same day. Yes yes I know...what a loser! sigh!

Anyways back to the topic on hand so I am a big movie buff and you know what puts me off? The sites that do the movie reviews. I mean over the years I have made a kind of a mantra, I read reviews of a movie over a site and assume the exact "opposite". So I thought to myself that as seemingly impossible as it may sound there must be at least few more jerkheads like yours truly who enjoy a particular class or genre or type of movies. Who have their own taste and no reliable movie site to turn to for an honest opinion about movies.

And hence this was born.
What?
This!
What!!?
This this!
What!?
Oofff THIS!!!!

THIS WHAT!

This -> http://john-on-movies.blogspot.com

This is my very own site for movie reviews. I promise to review the movies as I watch them and I promise to only write nothing but absolute truth! I have already published my first review on this site. I would urge you to please do check out the review and tell me if I am right about the movie or wrong. If you could blogroll this blog it would certainly help all the psychos, idiotic, nerdy, geeky and absolutely miserable excuses for human lives such as yours truly to make up their mind about which movie to watch first. Of course we would watch all the movies anyways it is only a matter of which one to watch NOW! ;)

Best,
J

11 Comments:

  1. Solitaire said...
    Wow..that truly was a heavy dose of Writer's Block. When all else fails, try TAGS!
    John F said...
    Hey Solitaire! Thanks for dropping by on my blog. What are TAGS? Grin!
    Mez said...
    Oh cool..so do we get reviews only of English flicks?O btw doesnt look like u goin thru writer's block frm any damn angle.U still managed to hold the interest thru the post. :)
    John F said...
    Thanks Mez! Well only time would tell the movies i review *wink*!

    And I ineed am going through a writer's block. But that could also easily be because of all the things that have been happening in my life off late.

    Lets see what hits my head (or shoulder!) next.
    Mez said...
    Hope good things happenin!
    John F said...
    Yup they are Mez! Would be publishing another review by the end of today. Saw two movies yesterday (well three if you count tele as well :D)!
    Mez said...
    Thatz some speed now. Talk about Time in gallons.
    John F said...
    When it comes to Movies (and the Laydhees) I am your man!

    PS: Try leaving a comment sometime on my new blog as well. It is lying barren devoid of any love (sob sob!)
    Ashu said...
    hey great to see you back Johnzie.....i missed u again on Heathrow while route back to Mumbai from NYC!!!!!!!

    and i wud be glad to see the eng movies review (yet to go to tht post)
    Jillian said...
    Oooo... nice new look! ;-)
    John F said...
    Ashu! One of these days I WILL catch you at Heathrow! Read about your visit to India. I hope you feel better soon!

    Jill! Thanks for visiting back. I am not sure which look are you talking about as I changed about 100 looks in the last one hour and this one now is again a result of my many failed experiments. You did read my post Oh Fock It, didnt you? You would know all about how bad I am with this template thingie.

    I have just shot down an email to Ashu to be my savior and help me out of this mess!

    LOL

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online